Saturday, February 21, 2015

Fire And Ice

Fire & Ice

The other weekend I went to a Chili Cook-off/Ice Carving Festival that happens every February in my town. As long as I have lived here this is the first time I have actually been able to go.

 

There were about ten different ice carvings that people from all over carved that morning. Some people were still working when I got there, ice was flying everywhere it looked like sparkles were falling from the sky! hahha These were two of my favs a dragon and the fishes in a heart (yayy for Valentine's day <3 )
There was a phoenix one I wanted to snap a pic of but I there was such a crowd around it and I was way too cold to wait around.


There is a cute strip of shops down this tiny road that I've always wanted to go in but never did until this day. There was this cool vintagey (Not A Word But Hey) store with loads of jewelry and knick knacks. I had to keep myself from buying the whole store. I grabbed some hot cocoa from the bakery in the picture to keep me warm. It was SO cold but I really wanted to see all the carvings.


This coat has been such a great buy with the horrible cold weather we've been having here. I feel like it is sometimes a bit much but nevertheless it keeps me toasty warm. hahha I walked around for a bit longer to try the different chilis. Some of them were SPICY haha but it was a lot of fun. It was crazy seeing people from all over in my small 'lil town. 



Aside from the cold it was a lovely time! 
Sorry for the lack of post I am trying to find a balance between school, work, and the blog. 
I very much appreciate every view I get and I would love to hear from you guys.
Stay tuned for more post.
Take care & God Bless! //xX






No comments:

Post a Comment